Saturday 31 March 2012

Day 140 - Petrol Plonkers!

So. Let me try and understand this.
There is no Petrol Tanker Drivers strike on at the moment in the UK. They are having talks this week about possibly going on strike and if they, the unions, can reach a majority decision they will notify the relevant people, give seven days notice and then will go on strike. In the meantime, because of their stated intentions, the government and the oil companies are training the armed services to drive the tankers so the petrol stations will have petrol, which means that the majority of Joe Public can go about their usual business.
So. As I see it. There is currently no shortage of petrol.


Would that be a fair assessment? Am I seeing this correctly?


Obviously not it seems as people queue for hours waiting to fill their cars and the kettles. Unbelievably, Joe Public has gone into particularly stupid mode and is panic buying petrol. Because there isn't a shortage.


I am officially confused.





I thought I had seen just how impossibly stupid a person can be, coming from SA and all. But obviously not. Persevering stupidity, a topic that I written about before in these ramblings, it seems is a global problem.


Right. Bye for now. Need to go and fill up....



No comments:

Post a Comment